P6 Analytics: What it is and Why You Should Use it
Written on . By CPM Solutions
So you bought P6 and now what? You plan, you execute, you control. But now your boss tells you that they want to know why an activity is being pushed back and when it is happening. They also want to see how the project progressed during a particularly difficult week against the plan and, finally, how the Turnaround is progressing in a part of the plant during maintenance. You’re wondering how you can get this information effectively and efficiently, so you turn to P6 Analytics for the answers.
What is P6 Analytics?
P6 Analytics is your tool for providing in-depth analysis into your project performance and history, as well as resource assignment and utilization. Instead of static reports in Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (also included in your P6 EPPM suite), P6 Analytics provides you with dashboards that transform project data into meaningful information to gain insight into your company. You can interactively evaluate your P6 data in charts, tables, and graphs and click on issues to drill down to the original cause of the problems. P6 Analytics will give you an understanding of your projects to find trends and deep-rooted complications so you can take corrective actions to get your projects back on track.
You might be thinking, “I don’t know how to create these dashboards and analyses!” Do not worry because, to give you a jump start, P6 Analytics comes pre-packaged with over 100 different dashboards. These templates are fully customizable to suit your project and analysis needs. In one or two easy clicks, you can add or delete bars or columns in your tables and graphs and save the analysis to be used again at a later date.
Why use P6 Analytics?
- Fully interactive and customizable dashboards allow you to find specific details about your project.
- Create specific dashboards for individuals and roles.
- Pre-programmed templates for dashboards and analyses making start-up easy and fast.
- Be pro-active by finding root problems and acting with the right solutions.
- Predict trending on schedules, costs, and resources to help your project stay on track.
- Gather past-performance data from your projects and portfolios to make decisions about the future.