My Oracle Support – Update
Written on . By CPM Solutions
On July 13, 2012, My Oracle Support retired their Flash-based user interface and upgraded to an HTML interface with additional functionality in order to provide a consistent single-online support portal.
- You can begin using the new HTML interface now by navigating to supporthtml.oracle.com or by simply selecting the “HTML (New)” interface option from support.oracle.com.
- Your username and password will not change.
- Confirm browser compatibility. Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) will no longer be supported. Find the complete list of supported browsers here.
The new HTML-based US has the core functionality in place:
- Home Page – configurable dashboard, which allows users to create filtered views of Service Requests (SRs), browse knowledge and view draft SRs.
- Service Requests – incorporating a streamlined three-step process for creating service requests.
- Knowledge – provides the ability to browse and view knowledge articles incorporating Power Views and task-based search functionality.
- Patches & Updates – delivers access to available patches and downloads for Oracle products.
- Certify – allows the user to view the latest Product Certification information, Lifetime Support policies, and Product Availability across Oracle products.
- Administration – provides the ability for users to maintain their profile, including accessibility settings, and administer the Support Idenifiers for their company.
- Asset Management – allows users to activate ASR (Automated Service Request) instances, and maintain their hardware asset information.
- On Demand – enables users to create, review, and modify Planned Updates for their Oracle On Demand instances.
You can also watch a quick overview video that explains the basics of the new HTML interface.