Q&A: “How do I make letter templates work on MS Office 2007?”
Written on . By Tracy Mah
If you install MS Office 2007 in the server in which Primavera Contract Manager is installed, you will come across some problems. First, Microsoft Word will step responding. Second, you will receive an error on your screen. Finally, if you try to modify a template, you will see the following message:
Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt. Try one or more of the following:
- Open and Repair the file.
- Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.
If you are using MS SQL Server database, you can fix this error easily by following these steps:
- Download the template file and place it in your MS SQL Server machine.
- Open a Command Prompt and change to the folder in which the template file is located.
- Type the command below to import the template for your Contract Management:bcp <Contract Manager database name>.dbo.letter_templates in letter_templates.dat -c -U sa -S localhost
- Launch your Contract Manager and go to “Define letter template”. You should see the templates such fax, letter, and standard letter.
- To create a new template, click the “Save letter template as …” icon. Change the template name in the popup and save it. Don’t use “ADD” button to create new template.