Oracle Licensing FAQs
Oracle’s commercial licensing model now applies to “Application Users“. In the past, licenses were “named” or “concurrent” users. Now each license pertains to the number of users.
A CSI Number (customer support identifier) is assigned to each individual purchase of license(s). Since these licenses are essentially user rights, you are only permitted to have a number of users equal to what has been purchased.Perpetual licenses do not expire, but without Oracle Support you cannot upgrade to later versions of the software. Oracle also has every right to expire your licenses OR request a migration and charge backdated support fees. This is recommended for long-term use.
- Oracle Support should be purchased with Perpetual licenses, as you can upgrade your license yearly at no extra cost.
- Oracle Support can be omitted altogether since the term of the license is not continuous.
- It is more cost effective to purchase a new license every year rather than have the option to upgrade the license through Oracle Support.
- The cost of Oracle Support is greater than the cost of a yearly license.
Oracle Support is an optional add-on for the user to have access to My Oracle Support for their forums, knowledge base, and service requests. As well, they have access to patches, fixes, upgrades, and technical documentation.
Primavera® P6 PPM license includes only the Primavera® P6 Professional Windows client with full built-in Administrative Menu items.
Primavera® P6 EPPM License includes both Primavera® P6 Professional and Primavera® P6 Web Access client. Note that all Administrative Menu items are removed in the P6 Professional client, all P6 Administration including Adding Users is managed in P6 Web Access only.
- EPPM installs are more complex as both programs must be installed and configured to the database.