Q&A: “Why are my attached files in documents showing in their local path or share drive, but not uploaded in the CM server?”
Written on . By CPM Solutions
Your problem: I added a lot of attached files into my documents in Project Manager, but they have never been uploaded to the attach file location set in CM administration.
How can I make sure all the files are uploaded to the folder set by CM server?
In your Contract Manager server:
- Right-click your project name in the left side of CM screen.
- Select “User Setting”.
- Uncheck this option: “I am currently connected to the file server”.
- Click “save” button.
By default, the option “I am currently connected to the file server” is set, if you need to change this setting globally, use the method below:
- Open a Command prompt from the Fileserver where CM is located.
- Type this command: osql -E -S .\primavera
- When the prompt for SQL command appears after the above step 2, type the SQL statments below:
update dbo.admin set can_access_file_server=0 where 1=1
4. Close the Dos Command prompt.