Canada Job Grant Provides Funding for Training
Written on . By Tracy Mah
Federally sponsored funds are available for companies to train and develop their work force. Companies can receive up to $10,000 per employee to help with training costs of their employees.
The Government of Canada established Workforce Development Agreements (WDAs) with the provincial and territorial governments. Learn more about the WDAs from the official website About the Workforce Development Agreements program.
Highlights of the WDAs from the website are:
- Provide $722 million annually, as well as an additional $900 million over 6 years from 2017 to 2018 up to 2022 to 2023, for the development and delivery of programs and services that help Canadians get training, develop their skills and gain work experience.
- Offer flexibility to provinces and territories to respond to the diverse employment and skills training needs of Canadians.
- Seek to help individuals who are further removed from the labour market, unemployed, underemployed, and seeking to upskill to either find and maintain good jobs or reorient their career.
- Include specific funding targeted for persons with disabilities, and can also be used to provide supports to members of underrepresented groups such as Indigenous peoples, youth, older workers, and newcomers to Canada.
- Support employers seeking to train current or future employees.
Where to apply for the grant?
Please note, the links may change.
British Columbia – https://www.workbc.ca/Employer-Resources/B-C-Employer-Training-Grant.aspx
Newfoundland and Labrador – https://www.gov.nl.ca/ipgs/employ-support/foremployers/canada-nl-job-grant/
Northwest Territories – https://www.ece.gov.nt.ca/en/services/career-and-employment
Ontario – http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/cojg/
Prince Edward Island – https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/topic/skillspei
Yukon – https://yukon.ca/en/yukon-grant
What are some scenarios in which P6 Consulting Inc can help your organization utilize the grant?
- Does your company need to manage a new project in Primavera but don’t have anyone in-house that knows how to use P6?
- Does your company have new employees that need to be trained up?
- Is your in-house p6 expert is leaving the company and a replacement needs to be trained?
- Perhaps your project managers/schedulers need a refresher on how to use P6.
- Does your company need to promote and train employees to manage projects in Primavera?
P6 Consulting Inc.’s Primavera P6 virtual training options are designed to help you and your company succeed. Virtual P6 project management training is an option that allows you and your team to learn to use P6 from the comfort of your own home or office, while enjoying all the benefits of live, one-on-one instruction and practical coursework. Learn more about our various P6 Virtual Training Options
For a full overview of our classes for project management via the P6 software, visit our Training Courses page.